Monday 1 April 2013


True Friendship Needs No Words

It's been so long since I made any cards but a recent trip to Melbourne and the Kaiser Craft shop at Chadstone have re-ignited my creative side :) 

For inspiration I looked to the many challenge blogs around and discovered the All Sorts Challange Blog has a vintage themed week. When I think vintage I see lace, doilies, cloth flowers and muted colours. 

So here is my attempt at a Vintage themed card.


The papers are from the Kaiser Craft 6 1/2" Paper Pad Blae & Ivy. The Rub ons are from Kaiser Craft Pennyroyale Collection. The metal accents are from Printblocks. 


The lace is from my stash an probably purchased from an op-shop in Strathpine somewhere. The gorgeous material flower is actually a brooch and from a cute little shop at the North Pine County Markets. 


The stamp is from Molly Blooms and part of a their Christmas 2012 kit. Isn't she sweet. She is coloured with Copics. Considering I haven't used these in such a long time I am pretty happen with how this turned out. 

Hair: E13, E33, E37
Skin: E50, E51, E53
Shirt: BV23, V17
Smock: G21, G24, YG17, G09, E13
Boots: E11, E33
Heart: E04, RV34, R29
Wings: T1 and Clear Spica


Just one more shot of that beautiful flower, I love that the material looks so much like delicate petals. 
I think I might have to make another trip to the markets for more of these!

I am entering this card in the following challenge - 


Thanks for stopping by 

3 comments:

  1. This is really great and thanks for joining us this week over at Allsorts for my challenge
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Shell, thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Shell, beautiful soft colours and details. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Vintage challenge x

    ReplyDelete